Match Centre

Hyde United


Gainsborough Trinity

The EVO-STIK Premier Saturday 13 October @ 15:00 Ewen Fields Stadium

Hyde entertained Gainsborough on a very windy Non-League Day at Ewen Fields in front of a good crowd of 467.

The game started lively in the first 5 minutes with a Chilaka header forcing a save from Stewart and then Hannah felt he should have scored for the visitors but hit the side netting. The end to end game continued with good chances for both Pratt for Hyde and Worsfold for the visitors. But, it was Gainsborough who opened the scoring when a header from Hannah was deemed to have crossed the line after a bit of confusion between players and officials.

The first booking went to the Gainsborough captain, Liam King after he pulled back Porritt on the half way line, one of 5 to the visitors. The second booking came just 3 minutes later when Maguire hauled down Pratt on the edge of the area. The resulting free kick by Lipka forced a good save from Stewart.

On the 31st Lipka gained a booking for Hyde after a late tackle on Austin. But, the last 15 minutes of the first half went quiet with only a half chance for Gavin Rothery of Hyde on offer and Ross Hannah for the visitors continuing to look dangerous.

The second half also started lively with Porritt causing trouble for Gainsborough full back Austin, getting past him numerous times in the second half but Maguire was on hand to help him out.

Gainsborough doubled their lead on 54 minutes with a brave run from Hannah led to him finding Simmons who placed the ball in the bottom corner. A few minutes later, shouts from the Hyde crowd and players for a second yellow card for Maguire were turned away as he blocked Porritt near the corner flag.

Rothery was replaced by Greaves on 57 minutes and it was followed by a tigers’ goal with Daly finding the back of the net from a corner.

Ross Hannah was the next Gainsborough player to take out Porritt and then seemed to hit him in the face but the referee only produced a yellow, something the entire stadium was in outrage about.

Connor Simpson made his Hyde debut coming on as a substitute for hard working Chilaka on the 64th minute. Gainsborough then had a few decent chances with Hannah, Byrne and King going close.

A number of substitutes for the visitors in the final 10 with Russell replacing Hannah and Lugsden replacing King, looking to see the game out. Hyde replaced Daly with Brown, looking to get the equaliser.

A good run by Porritt found Simpson who volleyed it with good save from Stewart, who was booked for time wasting in added time. The visitors sealed the game in added time with Byrne finding the bottom corner from 20 yards and received a booking for his celebration.

The next game for the Tigers is at HOME on Tuesday evening when we entertain South Shields, hope to see you at the game.

MOM – Luke Porritt (Hyde)

Hyde United 1 - 3 Gainsborough Trinity

  • Saturday 13 October 2018 @ 15:00
  • The EVO-STIK Premier 
  • Ewen Fields Stadium
  • Attendance: 467
  • Referee: Jack Neild
David Brown Ross Daly
Tom Greaves Gavin Rothery
Connor Simpson Chib Chilaka
Tom Pratt
Grant Roberts

Previous meetings

07 Jan 12 15:00 Blue Square North Gainsborough Trinity v Hyde United 2 - 0
08 Nov 14 15:00 Vanarama Football Conference North Hyde United v Gainsborough Trinity 1 - 2
28 Feb 15 15:00 Vanarama Football Conference North Gainsborough Trinity v Hyde United 3 - 3
13 Oct 18 15:00 The EVO-STIK Premier Hyde United v Gainsborough Trinity 1 - 3
06 Apr 19 15:00 The EVO-STIK Premier Gainsborough Trinity v Hyde United 1 - 0
Visit Us