After a visit from Tameside Council prior to the start of the FC United game on Tuesday we have new procedures to follow on match days.
The football club had made all efforts to ensure the match day experience for all supporters was as COVID safe as possible and to enable social distancing. This included,
- Signage outside and inside the ground
- Hand sanitisers in and around the ground
- Social Distancing Markings
- Operating a takeaway service only in the social club
- Adopting an app to enable ordering and collection of drinks from the Social Club
- Updating our alcohol license to allow drinking on the terraces
- Constant remiders over the tannoy to remind supporters to social distance
- Increased SIA stewards to assist in aiding social distancing
- Operating an ETicket system to aid in test and trace
- Producing a professional risk asssessment
All of this is has taken time and money to put into place. However, after the visit from Tameside, we have had to go to more expense and put in more work to adhere to the rules and regulations that have been imposed on us by Tameside Council.
- Additional hand sanitisers outside the turnstiles, that we ask you to use upon entry to the ground
- Additional social distancing markings on the ground around the stadium
And with regards the Social Club, new directives from Tameside, of which Hyde United Football Club do not agree with and beleive is less safe than the takeaway service we were operating, that means;
- A table service and no approaching or queuing at the bar
- A booking system for tables, pre-booked in advance
- No drinks to be taken from your seated location
This means that we are no longer allowed to have drinking on the terraces, which will impact on revenue to the football club. You can only enter the Social Club if you have a table booked, when you enter you must wear a mask until you are seated. The only times you are permitted to leave your seat is to either use the toilet or leave the Socail Club.
You can still use the NoQ app to order drinks to you table, just ensure you enter your table number when you are placing your order.
We know this will disappoint many supporters, and we totally understand this, but for the football club to continue to operate and be able to play competitive games, we have to adhere to the current regulations and we ask you to assist us in also adhering to them. This has not just affected Hyde United, but our neigbouring clubs within Tameside, Ashton United, Mossley and Stalybridge Celtic. We are seeking clarification from Tameside Council on the new regulations imposed upon all clubs with regards Social Clubs, and we are seeking assistance from our respective local MPs.
We are also looking at every option possible to enable us to serve more people at tables on a match day, this includings creating a covered area outside the Social Club and sourcing more tables and chairs to allow us to do this, this will incur more expense to the club and may need permission from Tameside Council.
But for now we ask that you help us in maintaining social distancing and make the football club as COVID safe as possible by;
- Using hand sanitisers
- Observing social distance markings around the ground, including at the turnstiles, teabars and terraces
- If using the seating area in the main stand, ensure you sit at least 2 metres from anyone else already seating
- Do not gather around the turnstile area after entering the ground, please move away from that area once you are in the ground
- It isn’t mandotory, but we advise the wearing face coverings inside the ground
We know we can rely upon your help and support to ensure even more regulations are imposed on us, that may mean the closure of the Social Club or even worse the stadium itself.