Hyde United Football Club require all Players, Parents/Carers/Spectators & Officials to follow Codes of Conduct. All persons involved with Hyde United Football Club at every level, have a responsibility to act according to the highest standards of integrity and to ensure that the reputation of Hyde United Football Club and the game of football remains high.
These Codes of Conduct have been adopted from The FA Respect codes of conduct and approved by Hyde United Football Club and apply to everyone.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR HYDE UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB PARENTS/CARERS AND SPECTATORS.
- Never force a child to play football: they need to enjoy playing.
- Praise effort and performance MORE THAN RESULTS.
- Praise GOOD BEHAVIOUR: quickly show that adults value it
- Help them understand the rules and encourage your child to play by them.
- Applaud good play by either team.
- Do not argue with the referee or question his/her decision, remember he/she is a volunteer giving up their spare time.
- STAY OFF THE PITCH and do not interfere. Let the referee deal with any situations on the field of play.
- Do not coach from the side-lines or shout at a child if they make a mistake.
- Do not use foul or abusive language towards players, officials or spectators.
- Enjoy watching the game whether your team win or lose.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR HYDE UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB PLAYERS
- Play because you enjoy, not to please someone else.
- Set a positive example for others, particularly your players and supporters.
- Learn the rules and play by them.
- Treat opponents with due respect always, irrespective of the result of the game.
- Safeguard the physical fitness of opponents, avoid violence and rough play and help injured opponents.
- Accept the referee’s decision.
- Do not attempt to mislead the referee by faking an injury, get on with the game.
- Control your mouth and your temper.
- Do not over-react when your team scores a goal.
- Shake hands at the end of the game, win or lose.
- Make every effort to develop your own sporting abilities in terms of skill, technique, tactics and stamina.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR HYDE UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB COACHES, OFFICIALS & TEAM MANAGERS
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game. Play your part and observe The Football Association’s Respect Code of Conduct in everything you do.
On and off the field, I will:
- Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers, officials and spectators
- Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game
- Promote Fair Play and high standards of behaviour
- Always respect the match official’s decision
- Never enter the field of play without the referee’s permission
- Never engage in public criticism of the match officials
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour.
When working with players, I will:
- Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment f each player above everything, including winning • Explain exactly what I expect of players and what they can expect from me
- Ensure all parents/carers of all players under the age of 18 understand these expectations
- Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying
- Develop mutual trust and respect with every player to build their self-esteem
- Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance
- Ensure all activities I organise are appropriate for the players’ ability level, age and maturity
- Co-operate fully with others in football (e.g. officials, doctors, physiotherapists, welfare officers) for each player’s best interests